I would love your feedback in four different areas of Dakota Uprising: emails + the blog + possible future get-togethers + a little something about you.
The survey is open and live and you can access it here for a few more days: www.surveymonkey.com/r/6v3wf3w
Your feedback helps me know that I am doing the right thing, not poisoning your inbox, to plan for future events out here in the hills and to learn a little bit more about you because the stories (that I need to share more) are pretty cool for why people like Dakota Uprising and buy shirts to represent that hills.
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup orgeat (almond) syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mandarin vodka
- 2 bottles champagne
- garnish: orange slices, grapefruit slices, cinnamon sticks, fresh mint
Combine the juice, syrup and vodka in a punch bowl. Stir to combine, then add champagne, citrus slices, cinnamon sticks, mint and tons of ice. Enjoy!
(double or triple your recipe depending on the size of your crowd – and punch bowl!)
Recipe and photo by Camille Styles.
Since this is my blog, and I can “do-wut-I-wan,” here’s my political-non-policital rant for the world:
No matter what happens tomorrow, tomorrow night or whenever they finish counting the votes, we have to remember a few things:
- The next President is not God, nor will they ever be. Not even close. God is still God. Let’s not forget who we should truly put our faith in and look to for our daily guidance. Our world is determined by our day-to-day actions so smile, give generously, help those that need it, speak kindly, treat all people with respect, and be the bigger person. Always. No matter what you believe, these are the basics of good human nature. So be a good human.
- If you’re a person of faith, let me remind you that it is a biblical command that we are to pray for our leadership: “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2. There is someone I dislike and someone I like running for President and no matter who is elected, I will still pray for that person, as should you. See bullet number one.
- Both major parties in this election have messed up big time. I think it’s safe to say pointing fingers has been the primary strategy. No one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. And so the Bible says, “When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and told them, ‘Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.'” So, if you have never sinned, by all means, cast your stones and judgement. But until then, see bullet number one and two.
- This election has brought out the worst in a lot of different people, companies, organizations, even people I personally know shouting their thoughts and opinions. Don’t let it bring out the worst in you. See bullet number one, two and three.
I’ve been disappointed to see a Christian leader I admire completely dismissing themselves from the whole political situation, stating that they will not take part in this election because they are “fed up” with the nonsense, and so here’s another reminder: it is still a privilege and an honor to vote so be grateful for a liberty so many cultures go without. So get out there and vote.
I don’t want any opinions or political statements following this post. This is simply my reminder to all of us, including myself, to remember the bigger picture in life.
Because I think the world may have forgotten that one exists.
Cheers to the end of this election.
I wrote this handy little blog post so you would know what to expect for Dakota Uprising holiday deadlines if you want your shirts and things by Christmas.
Each shirt, mug, tote and hat is printed one at a time through a company in California. Your order gets submitted on dakotauprising.com, and it gets sent to my printing company. It’s a slick process, but it can take up to three weeks to get the order to your door. Because of this:
- I don’t have an inventory to pull from so mailing out shirts for orders last minute is a no-go.
- This is the busiest time of year for my printing company in Cali, so orders may take longer than usual. I don’t have control over it. So order ahead.
- Expedited shipping is not an option. If this was offered by my printing company, I would pass this option on to you. So order ahead.
It’s one of my goals to offer items in retail spaces across South Dakota someday, but right now, online at dakotauprising.com is your only option. So order ahead.
- The month of November – Get your Christmas orders in!
- December 2nd – Deadline for orders needed by Christmas
For the Procrastinators
If you miss the deadline, I offer a little thing called, “Gift Codes.” Add a $25 or $50 Gift Code to your cart, purchase, and you will be given an individualized Coupon Code for your recipient to use in the store. Write the code in a Christmas card, and you are good to go.
Questions or concerns? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t checked out the new Fall 2016 designs in the shop yet, click here.
AND, if you want some cool Black Hills, locally-focused swag, click here.